Skip links

Dear Forms Committee: OREF 054 – Agreement to Occupy After Closing states the seller must provide a certificate of insurance to the buyer. Can the seller provide it to the buyer’s agent instead if the buyer doesn’t feel comfortable providing their mailing address?

Addresses are included in this form because the agency relationship typically terminates after closing, and real estate agents no longer have any obligation to be involved after that point. If a party wants an agent to do something after closing, they need to work that out before closing.  If a party wants the other party’s agent to receive a document, the party should have their agent ask the other party’s agent to do so, and if the other party’s agent agrees, document the arrangement in the Agreement to Occupy.


All comments and responses from OREF or its staff, managers, and volunteers are non-legal opinions made for general purposes. Each Forms subscriber must rely solely upon their Principal broker or personal legal counsel for specific advice and instruction. You and your client should independently confirm that the Form(s) you use are legally suitable for the purposes intended and that they are current with respect to all laws and regulations.